Every week we will take a look at the top 30 Mediabase Country Chart. We will re-rank the songs on the chart based on the quality and overall enjoyment of each song. Next to each song I will provide the ranking that we would give it and the actual ranking on the Mediabase chart in parenthesis. At the end of each ranking there will be some thoughts about the current chart as well as any news or updates that are deemed important. I hope everyone enjoys this weekly post and feel free to comment/agree/disagree with anything you see.
- Craig Campbell Outskirts of Heaven (29)
- Runaway June Lipstick (30)
- Eric Church ft Rhiannon Giddens Kill a Word (12)
- Chris Janson Holdin’ Her (24)
- Brad Paisley Today (13)
- Darius Rucker If I Told You (28)
- Chris Young Sober Saturday Night (9)
- Tim Mcgraw How I’ll Always Be (4)
- Chris Stapleton Parachute (17)
- Little Big Town Better Man (8)
- Carrie Underwood Dirty Laundry (2)
- Jon Pardi Dirt On My Boots (15)
- Josh Turner Hometown Girl (23)
- Luke Bryan Fast (19)
- Old Dominion Song For Another Time (10)
- Jason Aldean Any Ol’ Barstool (26)
- High Valley Make You Mine (20)
- Blake Shelton A Guy With a Girl (3)
- Garth Brooks Baby, Let’s Lay Down and Dance (21)
- Trent Harmon There’s a Girl (25)
- Maren Morris 80’s Mercedes (13)
- Keith Urban Blue Ain’t Your Color (1)
- Thomas Rhett Star Of The Show (5)
- Lauren Alaina Road Less Traveled (16)
- Granger Smith If The Boot Fits (7)
- Kelsea Ballerini Yeah Boy (22)
- Dierks Bentley Black (27)
- Dustin Lynch Seein’ Red (6)
- Michael Ray Think a Little Less (14)
- Brantley Gilbert The Weekend (18)
New to the top 30
Runaway June “Lipstick” This song has been in the top 30 before and actually became the first top 30 single for a female trio in a decade. I covered them and this song in my Breakthrough Artist Predictions. I think they are great and so is this song.
Craig Campbell “Outskirts of Heaven” This song has been dragging on the charts for awhile. It doesn’t sound like this will go much further which is a shame. It is a true country song about wanting to live in a place like his home when the narrator dies (outskirts of heaven). I doubt this song will do well enough for his label to release an album but, I can hope.
Songs that left the top 30
Florida Georgia Line “May We All” Their best song since “Dirt.” Their next single includes the Backstreet Boys… insert vomit emoji.
Brett Eldredge “Wanna Be That Song” Boring, bland, non country song for middle aged women. It’s unfortunate because Brett is capable of so much more.
I love seeing the two songs that are new to the top 30 jump all the way to the top of my chart coming in at one and two. Only 2 songs left the chart this week so overall not a ton of movement. Selfishly I almost want “Parachute” to go recurrent already so that we can get new music from Stapleton. He doesn’t need radio anyway so it shouldn’t make a difference.