Every week we will take a look at the top 30 Mediabase Country Chart. We will re-rank the songs on the chart based on the quality and overall enjoyment of each song. Next to each song I will provide the ranking that we would give it and the actual ranking on the Mediabase chart in parenthesis. At the end of each ranking there will be some thoughts about the current chart as well as any news or updates that are deemed important. I hope everyone enjoys this weekly post and feel free to comment/agree/disagree with anything you see.
**For those of you that have been reading the Re-Charting The Chart every week you will notice that I changed 2 things. I added a grade next to every song and with that I decided to re-rank some of the songs after giving each song a grade. Every week I will add up the numerators of each grade and we can see week to week how the charts compare.
- Eric Church ft. Rhiannon Giddens Kill A Word (10) 8.5/10
- Craig Campbell Outskirts of Heaven (27) 8/10
- Runaway June Lipstick (28) 8/10
- Chris Janson Holdin’ Her (24) 8/10
- Brad Paisley Today (11) 8/10
- Darius Rucker If I Told You (26) 7/10
- Chris Young Sober Saturday Night (8) 7/10
- Chris Stapleton Parachute (16) 7/10
- Dan and Shay How Not To (30) 7/10
- Little Big Town Better Man (6) 6.5/10
- Carrie Underwood Dirty Laundry (1) 6/10
- Josh Turner Hometown Girl (21) 5/10
- Jon Pardi Dirt On My Boots (13) 5/10
- Luke Bryan Fast (15) 5/10
- Jason Aldean Any Ol’ Barstool (22) 5/10
- High Valley Make You Mine (19) 5/10
- Kenny Chesney Bar At The End of… 4/10
- Blake Shelton A Guy With a Girl (2) 4/10
- Garth Brooks Baby, Let’s Lay Down… (18) 4/10
- Trent Harmon There’s a Girl (23) 4/10
- Maren Morris 80’s Mercedes (9) 4/10
- Thomas Rhett Star Of The Show (4) 4/10
- Lauren Alaina Road Less Traveled (14) 4/10
- Granger Smith If The Boot Fits (7) 3/10
- Keith Urban Blue Ain’t Your Color (3) 3/10
- Kelsea Ballerini Yeah Boy (20) 0/10
- Dierks Bentley Black (25) 0/10
- Dustin Lynch Seein’ Red (5) 0/10
- Michael Ray Think a Little Less (12) 0/10
- Brantley Gilbert The Weekend (17) 0/10
New To The Top 30
Kenny Chesney “Bar At The End Of The World” The days of Kenny Chesney releasing good music are dead. He’s just trying to hang on as long as he can and make as much money as he can. This is just a boring song with that same beach/bar vibe as usual.
Dan and Shay “How Not To” I was not a fan of Dan and Shay’s new album but I have to admit their last 2 singles were really good songs. They always lean a little too much on the pop side for me but I’ll give them credit for a good song.
Songs That Left The Top 30
Tim Mcgraw “How I’ll Always Be” Didn’t make it to number 1 unfortunately. I’m curious to see what the next single will be.
Old Dominion “Song For Another Time” Their best single to date which isn’t saying much. The next single will be from a new album.