Every week we will take a look at the top 30 Mediabase Country Chart. We will re-rank the songs on the chart based on the quality and overall enjoyment of each song. Next to each song I will provide the ranking that we would give it and the actual ranking on the Mediabase chart in parenthesis (From America’s Music Charts). At the end of each ranking there will be some thoughts about the current chart as well as any news or updates that are deemed important. I hope everyone enjoys this weekly post and feel free to comment/agree/disagree with anything you see.
- Eric Church ft. Rhiannon Giddens Kill A Word (11) A-
- Craig Campbell Outskirts of Heaven (26) B+
- Runaway June Lipstick (27) B+
- Chris Janson Holdin’ Her (21) B+
- Brad Paisley Today (7) B+
- Miranda Lambert We Should Be Friends (28) B
- Darius Rucker If I Told You (24) B
- Chris Young Sober Saturday Night (6) B
- Dan and Shay How Not To (25) B
- Little Big Town Better Man (4) B-
- Josh Turner Hometown Girl (18) C+
- Jon Pardi Dirt On My Boots (9) C+
- Luke Bryan Fast (12) C+
- Jason Aldean Any Ol’ Barstool (15) C+
- High Valley Make You Mine (19) C+
- Kenny Chesney Bar At The End of…(20) C
- Blake Shelton A Guy With a Girl (3) C
- Garth Brooks Baby, Let’s Lay Down… (17) C
- Trent Harmon There’s a Girl (23) C
- Maren Morris 80’s Mercedes (10) C
- Thomas Rhett Star Of The Show (1) C
- Lauren Alaina Road Less Traveled (13) C
- Granger Smith If The Boot Fits (5) D
- Kelsea Ballerini Yeah Boy (16) F
- Dierks Bentley Black (22) F
- Lady Antebellum You Look Good (30) F
- Dustin Lynch Seein’ Red (2) F
- Michael Ray Think a Little Less (8) F
- Brantley Gilbert The Weekend (14) F
- Sam Hunt Body Like a Backroad (29) F
Score: 124 -13
New To The Top 30: 2 horrible songs enter the chart this week while 2 pretty good ones leave. The first new one is Sam Hunt’s Body Like A Backroad which is beyond embarrassingly bad. Also we get the return of Lady A with “You Look Good” Yipee! It’s like they never left since they are putting out the same boring, generic garbage as before.
Songs That Left The Top 30: “Parachute” is officially off the chart which means a lead single for Stapleton should be along soon! And we also see “Dirty Laundry” leave the chart. Hopefully Carrie will stay away from the murdering songs for a few singles because it’s getting pretty old.
Songs I See Leaving Us Soon: “Star Of The Show,” “If The Boot Fits,” “80’s Mercedes,” “A Guy With A Girl,” “How Not To.” How Not To will no longer be promoted to country radio so I expect a free fall very soon along with a new single.
Quick Thoughts: The chart score went down a whopping 13 this week with the entrance of 2 of the worst songs to be released in 2017.