Every week we will take a look at the top 30 Mediabase Country Chart. We will re-rank the songs on the chart based on the quality and overall enjoyment of each song. Next to each song I will provide the ranking that we would give it and the actual ranking on the Mediabase chart in parenthesis (From America’s Music Charts). Songs that are in the color red are songs that are either recurrent or in danger of going recurrent soon, while blue is for songs that I predict will go to number 1 at some point. At the end of each ranking there will be some thoughts about the current chart as well as any news or updates that are deemed important. I hope everyone enjoys this weekly post and feel free to comment/agree/disagree with anything you see.
- Zac Brown Band My Old Man (30) A
- Eric Church ft. Rhiannon Giddens Kill A Word (8) A-
- Craig Campbell Outskirts of Heaven (26) B+
- Runaway June Lipstick (28) B+
- Chris Janson Holdin’ Her (21) B+
- Brad Paisley Today (4) B+
- Miranda Lambert We Should Be Friends (25) B
- Darius Rucker If I Told You (22) B
- Chris Young Sober Saturday Night (1) B
- Dan and Shay How Not To (19) B
- Little Big Town Better Man (5) B-
- Josh Turner Hometown Girl (12) C+
- Jon Pardi Dirt On My Boots (2) C+
- Luke Bryan Fast (6) C+
- Jason Aldean Any Ol’ Barstool (9) C+
- High Valley Make You Mine (16) C+
- Luke Combs Hurricane (18) C
- Kenny Chesney Bar At The End of…(14) C
- Garth Brooks Baby, Let’s Lay Down… (13) C
- Trent Harmon There’s a Girl (20) C
- Lauren Alaina Road Less Traveled (7) C
- Rascal Flatts Yours If You Want It (23) C-
- Brett Young In Case You Didn’t Know (27) C-
- Keith Urban The Fighter (29) F
- Kelsea Ballerini Yeah Boy (10) F
- Dierks Bentley Black (17) F
- Michael Ray Think a Little Less (3) F
- Lady Antebellum You Look Good (24) F
- Brantley Gilbert The Weekend (11) F
- Sam Hunt Body Like A Backroad(15) F
New To The Top 30: Zac Brown Band “My Old Man” Such a great song. This is also the first time a song has surpassed “Kill A Word” for the top spot on my Re-Charting The Chart.
Songs That Left The Top 30: “Seein’ Red.” I would love if I never had to see Dustin Lynch on this chart again. His music is garbage and has no place on any station.
Songs I See Leaving Us Soon: “Baby Lets Lay Down and Dance” and “Lipstick” are done. I’m so disappointed to see “Lipstick” go because I love that song and Runaway June in general. No news on a new album or follow up single yet. And yeah Garth Brooks is still a thing I guess. Also “There’s A Girl” is done.
Quick Thoughts: One of the worst songs on the chart leaves and probably the best song that will chart this year joins the chart so good news on that front. There are still too many songs that just don’t belong on the chart hell “Make You Mine” is on week 54 for pete sake. Also I added “Road Less Traveled” to songs that I predict will go number one eventually. I’m a little surprised but, it shows how powerful On The Verge can be. What helps her is that there are some songs behind her that are running out of gas that will not go number 1.