Every week we will take a look at the top 30 Mediabase Country Chart. We will re-rank the songs on the chart based on the quality and overall enjoyment of each song. Next to each song I will provide the ranking that we would give it and the actual ranking on the Mediabase chart in parenthesis (From America’s Music Charts). Songs that are in the color red are songs that are either recurrent or in danger of going recurrent soon, while blue is for songs that I predict will go to number 1 at some point. At the end of each ranking there will be some thoughts about the current chart as well as any news or updates that are deemed important. I hope everyone enjoys this weekly post and feel free to comment/agree/disagree with anything you see.
- Zac Brown Band My Old Man (23) A
- Eric Church ft. Rhiannon Giddens Kill A Word (6) A-
- Craig Campbell Outskirts of Heaven (25) B+
- Brad Paisley Today (7) B+
- Miranda Lambert We Should Be Friends (26) B
- Darius Rucker If I Told You (18) B
- Chris Young Sober Saturday Night (12) B
- Dan and Shay How Not To (16) B
- Josh Turner Hometown Girl (10) C+
- Jon Pardi Dirt On My Boots (2) C+
- Luke Bryan Fast (3) C+
- Jason Aldean Any Ol’ Barstool (5) C+
- High Valley Make You Mine (30) C+
- Luke Combs Hurricane (15) C
- Kenny Chesney Bar At The End of…(13) C
- Trent Harmon There’s a Girl (19) C
- Lauren Alaina Road Less Traveled (4) C
- Justin Moore Somebody Else Will (27) C-
- Rascal Flatts Yours If You Want It (20) C-
- Brett Young In Case You Didn’t Know (17) C-
- Cole Swindell Flatliner (28) D
- Dylan Scott My Girl (24) D
- Keith Urban The Fighter (22) F
- Kelsea Ballerini Yeah Boy (8) F
- Dierks Bentley Black (14) F
- Michael Ray Think a Little Less (1) F
- Lady Antebellum You Look Good (21) F
- Brantley Gilbert The Weekend (11) F
- Florida Georgia Line Boy Band’s Are Lit (29) F
- Sam Hunt Body Like A Backroad(9) F
New To The Top 30: Florida Georgia Line “God Your Mamma and Me” obviously a bit of sarcasm by me but my goodness I can’t stand these clowns. This gem features the Backstreet Boys who Beevus and Butthead list as their idols. They will be doing a stadium tour together along with Nelly.
Dylan Scott “My Girl.” There isn’t a trend Dylan Scott isn’t willing to chase in order to make it in country music. Unfortunately for him it has not worked so far. I was first introduced to Dylan when he tried his hand at bro country. That was a flop so he covered a Justin Bieber song and an Ed Sheeran song. And now he’s doing a straight up generic pop song that name drops Eminem.
Cole Swindell “Flatliner.” Cole drags his buddy Dierks through this duet to further destroy any credibility that he had built up over a decade. This song is just pretty stupid. It’s about how a girl is so hot she makes these guys flatline. Cute.
Justin Moore “Somebody Else Will.” I really thought Justin was going to go in a more traditional direction with his new album after the pretty solid lead single “You Look Like I Need a Drink” went to number 1. What we got was a half pop album half pretty good album with loads of drum loops. I’ll admit this song is pretty catchy and the idea isn’t horrible but the pop production kills it.
Songs That Left The Top 30: “Baby Let’s Lay Down and Dance” next single is “Ask me How I Know”
Chris Janson “Holdin’ Her”
Little Big Town “Better Man” next single is “Happy People”
Songs That I See Going Recurrent Soon: “Make You Mine” is finally done after over a year on the chart. “She’s With Me” is the follow up single.
“Outskirts of Heaven” is going for max spins so it should be gone in the next couple of weeks.
“Today,” “Sober Saturday Night,” “There’s a Girl”