Every week we will take a look at the top 30 Mediabase Country Chart. We will re-rank the songs on the chart based on the quality and overall enjoyment of each song. Next to each song I will provide the ranking that we would give it and the actual ranking on the Mediabase chart in parenthesis (From America’s Music Charts). Songs that are in the color red are songs that are either recurrent or in danger of going recurrent soon, while blue is for songs that I predict will go to number 1 at some point. At the end of each ranking there will be some thoughts about the current chart as well as any news or updates that are deemed important. I hope everyone enjoys this weekly post and feel free to comment/agree/disagree with anything you see.
- Zac Brown Band “My Old Man” (21) A
- Midland “Drinkin’ Problem” (26) A-
- Raelynn “Love Triangle” (27) B+
- Brothers Osborne “It Ain’t My Fault” (29) B
- Darius Rucker “If I Told You” (14) B
- Dan and Shay “How Not To” (13) B
- Josh Turner “Hometown Girl” (6) C+
- Jon Pardi “Dirt On My Boots” (5) C+
- Luke Bryan “Fast” (4) C+
- Jason Aldean “Any Ol’ Barstool” (2) C
- Luke Combs “Hurricane” (10) C
- Kenny Chesney “Bar At The End of the World” (12) C
- Trent Harmon “There’s a Girl” (17) C
- Lauren Alaina “Road Less Traveled” (1) C
- Justin Moore “Somebody Else Will” (24) C-
- Tim Mcgraw & Faith Hill “Speak to a Girl” (25) C-
- Billy Currington “Do I Make You Wanna” (30) C-
- Blake Shelton “Every Time I Hear That Song” (23) C-
- Rascal Flatts “Yours If You Want It” (15) C-
- Brett Young “In Case You Didn’t Know” (11) C-
- Cole Swindell & Sellout “Flatliner” (22) D
- Dylan Scott “My Girl” (19) D
- Keith Urban & Carrie Underwood “The Fighter” (16) F
- Kelsea Ballerini “Yeah Boy” (7) F
- Dierks Bentley “Black” (9) F
- Lady Antebellum “You Look Good” (18) F
- Chris Lane “For Her” (28) F
- Brantley Gilbert “The Weekend” (8) F
- Florida Georgia Line “Boy Band’s Are Lit” (20) F
- Sam Hunt “Body Like a Backroad” (3) F
New To The Top 30: “It Ain’t My Fault.” I like this song. It’s a pretty fun catchy song where the narrator refuses to take the blame for anything that he does always passing the buck on to something else. The Brothers Osborne are a cool duo on country radio.
“For Her.” My god is Chris Lane an embarrassment. The production on this song could not be more overproduced which is no shock considering the producer is none other than Joey Moi (Florida Georgia Line). This song is dragging up the charts.
“Do I Make You Wanna.” Meh. It exists and when it leaves the radio it will be forgotten. Has any artist had as long of a career on mainstream country radio and been talked about less than Billy Currington by the way? He never performs at awards shows and is never nominated for anything, not that he deserves it but it’s incredible.
Songs That Left The Top 30: “Outskirts of Heaven.” I’m not sure where Craig Campbell goes from here. This was a good song but radio never wanted it and now who knows when he will release his next album.
“We Should Be Friends”
“Think a Little Less”
“Kill a Word”
Songs In Danger Of Going Recurrent: “Road Less Traveled.” I will have a piece on Lauren Alaina up soon.
“Dirt on my Boots”