Every week we will take a look at the top 30 Mediabase Country Chart. We will re-rank the songs on the chart based on the quality and overall enjoyment of each song. Next to each song I will provide the ranking that we would give it and the actual ranking on the Mediabase chart in parenthesis (From America’s Music Charts). Songs that are in the color red are songs that are either recurrent or in danger of going recurrent soon, while blue is for songs that I predict will go to number 1 at some point. At the end of each ranking there will be some thoughts about the current chart as well as any news or updates that are deemed important. I hope everyone enjoys this weekly post and feel free to comment/agree/disagree with anything you see.
- Zac Brown Band “My Old Man” (20) A
- Midland “Drinkin’ Problem” (25) A-
- Raelynn “Love Triangle” (28) B+
- Old Dominion “No Such Thing As a Broken Heart” (30) B
- Brothers Osborne “It Ain’t My Fault” (29) B
- Darius Rucker “If I Told You” (13) B
- Dan and Shay “How Not To” (12) B
- Josh Turner “Hometown Girl” (3) C+
- Luke Bryan “Fast” (7) C+
- Jason Aldean “Any Ol’ Barstool” (1) C
- Luke Combs “Hurricane” (5) C
- Kenny Chesney “Bar At The End of the World” (11) C
- Trent Harmon “There’s a Girl” (19) C
- Lauren Alaina “Road Less Traveled” (6) C
- Justin Moore “Somebody Else Will” (23) C-
- Tim Mcgraw & Faith Hill “Speak to a Girl” (24) C-
- Blake Shelton “Every Time I Hear That Song” (21) C-
- Rascal Flatts “Yours If You Want It” (14) C-
- Brett Young “In Case You Didn’t Know” (10) C-
- Cole Swindell & Sellout “Flatliner” (22) D
- Dylan Scott “My Girl” (18) D
- Thomas Rhett & Maren Morris “Craving You” (26) D-
- Keith Urban & Carrie Underwood “The Fighter” (15) F
- Kelsea Ballerini “Yeah Boy” (4) F
- Dierks Bentley “Black” (8) F
- Lady Antebellum “You Look Good” (16) F
- Chris Lane “For Her” (27) F
- Brantley Gilbert “The Weekend” (9) F
- Florida Georgia Line “Boy Band’s Are Lit” (17) F
- Sam Hunt “Body Like a Backroad” (2) F
New To The Top 30: “No Such Thing As a Broken Heart” Old Dominion’s best song. Click the link for the full review.
“Craving You” Click the link for the full review.
Songs That Left The Top 30: “Dirt on my Boots.” Pardi’s next single is “Heartache on the Dance Floor” which impacts on May 1st.
“Do I Make You Wanna”
Songs In Danger Of Going Recurrent: “Any Ol’ Barstool” is the number 1 song this week. I have to say the last 2 singles from Aldean have been pretty decent. The next single is “They Don’t Know” which gets back to the country rocker style Aldean is known for.
“Fast.” I gave my thoughts about this song on Twitter on Monday night. In my opinion it’s a boring, generic pop country song. Check out Dean Brody’s “Time.” He does this theme a hell of a lot better.
“Road Less Traveled”
“There’s a Girl.” Down two spots this week.
Quick Thoughts: MCA will have consecutive number 1’s with Sam Hunt and then Josh Turner. I’m happy for Josh Turner who hasn’t had a number 1 hit since “All Over Me” 7 years ago. Sam Hunt on the other hand can go to hell. 2 monster hits on this chart with “Hurricane” and “In Case You Didn’t Know.” In the case of Luke Combs I have heard great things about his album that will be out on June 2nd. And not chart related but David Nail is in the beginning stages of a new album so that’s pretty cool 😎.